CHAMBER ANNOUNCES SECOND ANNUAL “LEADING BY FEEDING” CAMPAIGN
The Cherokee County Chamber of Commerce announced during their September Good Morning Cherokee networking event that the organization’s Leadership Cherokee Alumni are spearheading a second annual community food drive. “Last year the Leadership Cherokee Class of 2018 learned there was a food shortage in area community pantries, so they challenged the Class of 2017 to see who could collect the most food. The Class of 2017 quickly called in the support of additional Leadership Cherokee graduates with collections spanning all areas of the county. The Class of 2019 has joined in the challenge so graduates of Leadership Cherokee from 2012-2019 are competing to see who can collect the most food”, stated John Barker, Chamber Board Chair and Owner of Delphi Global Technology.
The local Chamber member food pantries being supported through the second annual “Leading by Feeding” initiative include: MUST Cherokee, Never Alone and Papa’s Pantry. Throughout the remainder of September and into the month of October, the community is encouraged to support these organizations by dropping donations off at the following Cherokee County Chamber member locations. Last year’s collections totaled 3,100 non-perishable food items along with personal hygiene products, diapers, toilet paper, etc.
The Leadership Cherokee class year receiving credit for the donations at each location is noted:
- FYZICAL Therapy & Balance Centers (Leadership Cherokee Class of 2012)
- 6884 Hickory Flat Hwy, Woodstock 30188 (Hickory Flat Community)
- Cherokee Recreation & Parks Agency (Leadership Cherokee Class of 2013)
- 7545 Main St, Bldg. 200, Woodstock 30188
- Allstate Insurance – The Bray Agency – (Leadership Cherokee Class of 2014)
- 2945 Holly Springs Pkwy., Holly Springs 30115
- Live Clean (Leadership Cherokee Class of 2015)
- 120 Rachel Dr., Canton 30115 (Highway 5 @ I-575/Exit 14)
- North GA CPA Services (Leadership Cherokee Class of 2016)
- 1194 Buckhead Crossing, Suite B, Woodstock 30189 (Towne Lake)
- Woodstock Fire Department – (Leadership Cherokee Class of 2017)
- 225 Arnold Mill Rd., Woodstock 30188
- Cherokee County Marshall’s Office (Leadership Cherokee Class of 2018)
- 959 Marietta Hwy, Canton 30114
- Credit Union of Georgia (Leadership Cherokee Class of 2019)
- 140 Riverstone Parkway, Canton 30114
- Cherokee County Chamber of Commerce (You can designate the Class Year, or the items will be divided evenly between the classes.)
- 3605 Marietta Highway, Canton 30114
Results of the “Leadership Cherokee is Leading by Feeding” campaign will be announced at the Chamber’s Good Morning Cherokee Breakfast in November where the alumni year collecting the most food will be recognized for their efforts. “The purpose of this campaign is to support food pantries in Cherokee County who work tirelessly to support the residents of our community who need an extra hand. Leadership Cherokee participants learn through the nine-month community engagement initiative that leaders who collaborate can make a significant impact and there is no doubt that is what “Leading by Feeding” will do,” shared Pam Carnes, President & CEO of the Cherokee County Chamber of Commerce.