It’s that time of year again! The holidays are fast approaching. There is so much to do! The Cherokee County Chamber of Commerce, along with these supporting businesses and organizations, encourage you to support your community this holiday season and beyond!
The Christmas tree is up, the lights are twinkling, and like so many others you are trying to figure out what to get the special ones in your life this holiday season. While your first inkling may be to start browsing online, we have a better idea – $hop Local! Your decision will positively impact the local economy this holiday season and beyond!
Whether dining in or carrying out, have you stopped to think about how eating out in your local community stimulates the economy? The restaurant offering your favorite dish employees people, who like you, are supporting their families. Consider the livelihood of others this holiday season and beyond!
From light displays to parades and open houses, the holidays remind families and friends alike of all we have to be thankful for. As you fill your event calendar, and check it twice to ensure you haven’t missed out on something to see or do, remember there is much to enjoy in Cherokee County this holiday season and beyond!
REASONS TO $HOP LOCALLY FOR THE HOLIDAYS
- Create Jobs – If every American spent $64 on something made in America, we could create 200,000 jobs right now.
- Keep Money Local – Sales tax helps fund vital services in our community. Also, local businesses are more likely to spend money locally, keeping more money in the community.
- Better for the Environment – Many locally owned businesses also offer local products which require far less transportation.
- Better Customer Service – Local business owners are passionate about their businesses and want to be connected to the community. This often contributes to better and more personal customer service.
- Helps Our Community Grow – Keeping tax dollars in our community and creating demand will help encourage new businesses and help the county grow.
- More Support for Nonprofits – Studies show that nonprofits receive 250 percent more support from small businesses than larger businesses.
- Connect with your Community – Shopping locally encourages people to purchase from businesses that are unique. This enables you to connect with people in the community and learn about things going on around you.