MUST Ministries, one of Georgia’s largest and oldest nonprofits working to eradicate homelessness and poverty, will surprise ten of its Permanent Supportive Housing veteran clients on Veterans Day with the announcement that Atlanta-based Home Depot will be covering their rent for the month of December. The announcement will be part of the Home Depot Foundation’s Operation Surprise, which is providing 1,000 veterans across the country with rental and mortgage payment assistance for the month of December.
MUST President & CEO Dr. Ike Reighard and other MUST officials will celebrate the announcement with MUST veteran clients during a small celebration on Friday at 10:30 a.m. at 1528 Austell Road, Marietta GA 30008. Dr. Reighard will be available to speak to media about the program, MUST’s work with veterans and the unique challenges these veterans face each day. One of the veterans in attendance will also be able to speak to the media and MUST Marketing Coordinator Katelyn Young will be able to assist with interviews and photos.
Highlights of Home Depot Foundation’s Operation Surprise partnership with MUST Ministries:
- The Home Depot Foundation is going to cover 10 of the veterans in MUST Ministries’ Supportive Housing Program’s rent for the month of December. These clients are unaware that they will be receiving this and will not be told until the announcement.
- MUST pays 70 percent of the veterans’ rent through Federal HUD Grant 195. The veterans are responsible for the remaining 30 percent. Operation Surprise will pay for the veterans’ portion for the month of December.
- Nationwide, the foundation’s Operation Surprise is providing 1,000 veterans across the country with rental and mortgage payment assistance for the month of December. Ten of those are MUST clients.
- Of the 10 who will be surprised on Friday, nine are in Cobb County and one is in Cherokee County