Trans Globe Job Openings
Developing export feed and agribusiness activities in assigned markets constituting the region(s) of responsibility; additionally, setting a sound strategy through a comprehensive business plan to ensure profitability and sustainable growth.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Develop markets and customers for animal feed and raw materials of different origins.
- Product offerings including grains and grain by-products, animal proteins and additives.
- Developing sales to different market sectors including feed mills, poultry, dairies, cattle and other species.
- Develop, maintain, and communicate market intelligence. This includes market reports on indicators such as prices, stocks, livestock herd size and market sentiment.
- Develop a market, competitor, and customer segmentation to identify the most strategic markets and customer segments to focus on.
- Identify and understand customer needs and develop a differentiated value proposition to win customers and market share. Understand customers buying process and develop relationships with key decision makers and influencers.
- Develop a local distribution strategy to access markets and customers. Develop a plan for warehousing/domestic sales capabilities as needed.
- Negotiate with customers to achieve the highest margins possible for the business.
- Develop innovative ways to create a more efficient supply chain and cut logistics costs.
- Develop aggressive sales targets to achieve market share and work towards achieving those targets.
- Establish a comprehensive customer database which includes key information on customers such as size, management contacts, assets and locations, herd size, current suppliers, buying preferences, etc.
- Monitor and maintain repeat customer sales as well as customer satisfaction.
- Find opportunities to develop new products as well as Trans Globe branded products.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
Minimum 2-3 years of international business and trading/merchandising experience.
English language proficiency. Additional languages are a plus.
Export Logistics /Documentation Coordinator
Trans Globe is seeking strong candidates for Export Logistics and Documentation Coordinator roles. This person will be joining our team and will support with international export transactions from order placement to completion acting as the liaison with all parties to ensure a smooth processing of shipments. The Export Logistics Coordinator will produce accurate shipping documentation; oversee all aspects of the container shipment (from assisting customers/suppliers with bookings to the containers’ arrival at port of destination). Gain knowledge and expertise with each customer’s requirements and implement change to streamline the process. This person will report directly to the origination/Execution team lead.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Proactively manages all aspects of international accounts not limited to order placement, inventory managements and coordinating logistical aspects related to exporting food and agribusiness products in containers.
- Work with shipping lines/NVOCCs and service providers (trucking companies, containers loading facilities..etc) to execute bookings, and ensure that transactions are executed on time and in most efficient way possible.
- Executes required export documentation for multiple accounts in various stages of completion in a highly time sensitive environment.
- Timely management of multiple lines of communication with suppliers, shippers, customers and internal parties, maintaining details, and relaying pertinent information to appropriate parties.
- Obtains export certificates from various government agencies in compliance with each shipment.
- Assures compliance with customs, export, applicable foreign trade/importation laws, as well as applicable federal transport regulations.
- Initiate timely invoicing and work closely with accounting department to ensure billing accuracy.
- Identifies risks and opportunities, when developing logistics plan and freight estimates for super loads, complex international shipments to ensure cost-effective, safe, and efficient transportation of company’s products.
- Processes freight claims and customer complaints.
- Reviews, prepares, and invoices for payment.
- Audits export files for compliance and scan into database.
- 2 – 4 years degree or equivalent.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in logistics specially ocean containers exports and freight forwarding.
- Ability to critically think through multiple step process and follow up on several details.
- High ability to handle multiple priorities while being detail oriented.
- Excellent communication, verbal and written skills.
- Strong Excel skills and some freight software knowledge.
- Strong negotiation skills. Ability to solve problems and create solutions.
- Ability to work under time pressures.
- Accustomed to working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- A/R & A/P: Enter invoices, print checks, record receivables
- Map/code the accounting cycle for A/R & A/P
- Map/code the accounting cycle for inventory and contract management
- Map/code customized invoices, purchase orders, sales orders
- Map/code the accounting cycle for bookings to report P&L
- Build reports for monthly and YTD P&L and balance sheet, booking P&L.
- Month end journal entries.
- Monthly bank reconciliation
- Month end scorecard
- Prepares journal entries, A/P, A/R, bank and general ledger reconciliations, and all functions associated with bookkeeping.
- Communicates clearly with customers, suppliers and service providers both written and verbal.
- Provides timely and high-quality services and work products that exceed expectations.
- Full charge bookkeeping and preparation of compiled financial statements.
- Prepare and assemble necessary documents for settlement/invoicing, create tickets, apply to contracts and settle/invoice truck/barge/rail customers and vendors.
- Management of finances including paying bills through checks, wire transfers, ACHs..etc
- General bookkeeping duties including reviewing and posting transactional data, account reconciliation, general ledger balancing.
- Creation of general financial statements.
- Assistance with gathering documents needed for tax filing purposes.
- Ongoing communication with clients’ other financial partners.
- Record account payable, expense receipts and bill payments.
- Create and distribute customer invoices
- Post customer payments and other bank deposits
- Reconcile bank, credit cards, and 3rd party payer accounts
- Document bookkeeping processes
- Create weekly reports on the financial state of the company
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field of business.
- Minimum of 3 yrs experience in bookkeeping, accounting, or personal money management.
- Strong quantitative skills and a finance/numbers focused orientation
- Hands-on experience with QuickBooks or Peachtree Accounting
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Experience with Quicken strongly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Prior experience working with C-Suite executives and/or business owners preferred